Why Digital Marketing?
The reach of the Internet has spread all across the world, even to the tiniest cities and villages. Learn how digital marketing has taken over the globe swiftly and quite efficiently.
The Internet is the root of digital marketing and the competition has become fierce, now that it is within the reach of a wider population.
Digital marketing is not just confined to selling products online but it is about the stories which are told and the changes that are made. The conventional methods which contributed to the rise of digital marketing are E-Commerce, technologies and escalating consumer behavior. To fully understand the reach of digital marketing, take a look at the pointers below along with the statistics that validate the facts.
The scope of Digital Marketing
- Big, medium and small businesses have become online, social media platforms have become mainstream marketing and selling grounds, and other means have led to a sharp rise in the digital marketing curve. The solid impact marketing, advertising, and selling on online platforms have had, has led to an exponential growth at CAGR of 40 %.
- Moving on to mobiles, more than 90% adults use cell phones to browse websites, digital markets, and stores. Therefore, more and more businesses have websites that are mobile optimized. Mobile optimization ensures convenience of consumers. This is why this continually contributes to the growth of digital marketing.
- Online social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram have millions of users who are active on a daily basis. Take, for example, Facebook enjoys a user base of more than 2.01 billion. More than 3 million small and medium businesses use Facebook as their primary digital marketing platform since it offers excellent marketing and advertising features, convenience, ease of use, high functionality and most importantly, a reach to billions of audience.
The facts and statistic discussed above give a distinct picture of the current position of digital marketing in the world. Judging from the facts, the growth curve is likely to continue increasing exponentially. There are no signs of it slowing down. The persistent rise is inevitable. Therefore, the future of digital marketing is surely bright.
The Key Areas of Digital Marketing that continue to contribute to its growth
- Mobile Marketing
With the increasing number of mobile users, the smartphone industry will keep growing. Advanced technology, updates, upgraded features, social events, content, websites, online stores and business can be flawlessly carried out on mobiles.Therefore, marketing campaigns will be optimized for mobile phones and more businesses will lay an emphasis on this.
- Social media platforms
An average Indian person spends around 28 hours online in a week. The number of Internet users in India has outgrown that of USA. Emails, live chats, and instant messaging applications have made fostered customer relationships. Consumers feel greatly benefited when they can get help on product or service related queries quickly. Consultation and resolution of issues have become much easier with these platforms.
Hence, digital marketing will most likely continue to grow due to the convenience, flexibility, instant access and ease of use.
- Google, Facebook, and third-party Ads
Businesses no longer have to resort to expensive means for marketing and advertising. Google ads, Facebook ads, and other third party advertising applications offer excellent means to advertise your product or service at economical rates. Effective strategies and efficient use of these advertising applications can strengthen your online presence, and reach out to potential customers.
Hence, the demand for marketing and advertising campaigns, strategists, social media and advertising agents, designers, freelancers, web developers and managers is high.
- Customer identity management
The wider the user base, the greater are the chances of potential customer conversion. Businesses want to provide a seamless user experience to their customers. This is done by providing ease of access to their websites and blogs, making experiences more personalized and engaging more customer care executives to resolve queries.
Thus, the requirement for customer identity managers, data analysts, customer relationship manager, and web developers will be steady.
A career in digital marketing is promising and will be truly rewarding in the long run. There are endless opportunities, career options, and numerous fields in digital marketing. The development and expansion of this booming industry will continue to increase.
If you want to embark on this journey and make a foot mark in the digital world, then you need a clear understanding of how this works and what can help you reach the top. If you want to learn the best practices for digital marketing, opt for Digital marketing training in Bangalore. Etudemy is one of the best Digital marketing institutes in Bangalore which can hone your skills, impart important lessons and prep you to make a head start into the competitive digital world.